What we put into our bodies before, during and after exercise is very important. For athletes and those of you working out regularly it’s essential that you are meeting your body’s protein requirements if you want to train to your maximum potential. Not sure how much protein you should be consuming each day? Check out my article Where Do Vegans get their Protein?
Protein is made up of amino acids. Amino acids are the building blocks of our muscles. Our bodies need them to repair, build and maintain muscle tissue. Eating adequate amounts of protein after exercise can help your muscles repair and rebuild faster, leading to faster recovery.
Here are 7 of my favourite high protein vegan smoothies from around the net for drinking straight after a good training session.
1. Vegan Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie by The Fit Blog
2. Power Smoothie With Fresh Almond Milk by One Green Planet
3. Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie by The Seasoned Mom
4. Green Protein Smoothie by Wallflower Kitchen
5. Turmeric Protein Smoothie by A Balanced Belly
6. Protein Berry Workout Smoothie by Amy’s Healthy Baking
7. Chocolate Chip Banana Power Smoothie by Hot For Food
Enjoy and have a great weekend!